Provision of Educational Instruction via Live Streaming and/or Recorded In-Person Instruction During the 2020-2021 School Year
In an effort to provide continuous learning opportunities during the COVID-19 Pandemic, St. Walter School is offering virtual instructional sessions to students via live streaming and/or recorded and remote learning applications or platforms for those students who are not comfortable returning to in-person instruction at this time. St. Walter will utilize remote meeting applications or platforms, such as Zoom for live classroom teaching and/or in-person recorded instruction, parent-teacher conferences, and other individual and small group teacher-student meetings (“Sessions”) as part of our remote learning plan.
St. Walter School expects all students and their parents or guardians to comply with following requirements during all Sessions:
- Before joining a Session, ensure that your student is in a private location and that his or her device is not visible to the public.
- Students should be ready for the day: combed hair, school polo, ate breakfast
- Be attentive to the background environment. Students should not participate in Sessions in an area where personal or private information and images could be shared.
- Minimize all background noise and activity during the Session. We want these Sessions to maximize student learning.
- Remind students to use the “raise your hand” feature and wait to be recognized by the teacher before speaking during individual or small group Sessions.
- Remind your students that any misconduct during the Session will be subject to discipline according to the St. Walter School Student Code of Conduct and Discipline Policy.
- Recording, copying, reproducing, displaying, or distributing any of the Sessions in any manner by students or parents or guardians is prohibited.
- All learners are required to hand-in assigned homework. Missing homework will be counted as missing and will reflect your grade.
- Attendance is mandatory. All absentees need to be reported to the school office.