St. Walter is a Catholic school located on the south side of Chicago. We have been faithfully serving the families of the Beverly, Evergreen Park, Morgan Park and Blue Island communities since 1956. From Pre-K3 to Grade 8, the faculty and staff strive to create a safe and nurturing educational community because at St. Walter we believe that every student matters. In order to maximize each and every students potential there have been a lot of changes taking place around the school.
- New this year… 1:1 Chromebooks in grades 3rd-8th.
- Our favorable class sizes and data driven instructional practices ensure that your child will get the personalized attention they deserve.
- Your child will have what they need in order to be successful now and in high school with Spanish classes daily starting in Kindergarten and access to the iReady interactive online learning platform.
- Our Catholic identity is reinforced through weekly Mass, special celebrations through the school year and instruction in the Catholic faith. (We accept all families, regardless of their faith background, into our school community.)
- The Athletic Association provides opportunities for students to participate in soccer, basketball and volleyball.
- We are a PROUD Big Shoulders Fund School! Financial assistance and/or academic scholarships are available for those students and families that qualify. Tax Credit Scholarships are also accepted here at St. Walter.